Student leaders for 2015
Congratulations to the school leaders: Jayden, Indi, Brooke, Mihaiela and Jessie, we look forward to working with you this year. The School Captain, vice Captain, House Captains, House vice Captains and S.R.C. representatives are required to uphold Chillingham Public School's Code of Conduct (Student Leadership Policy) and adhere to the following:
- be a positive role model
- be courteous in manner and speech
- be cooperative and helpful
- dress in accordance with the uniform code.
Students in action
2015 has been a busy year thus far. Below are a few images from Term 1. Kindergarten have settled well into school routine. They are enthusiastic and happy in class and at play.
Year 5-6 students will enjoy this trip down memory lane to a Research Project completed when they were in Years 3 and 4.
The Task was across 3 KLAs (H.S.I.E., Visual Arts and Technology) coordinated between 3 teachers.
For the first time in Australian history the Reserve Bank has decided to print a $200 note. This is a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for a graphic designer, such as you, to be a part of Australia’s history.
Hundreds of designers across the country are taking up this challenge! The successful candidate will convince the selectors that their Aussie Heroes ARE the most significant and the design meets all the specifications for this historic note.
Your job is to design the front and back of the note, then present your design to the selectors at the Reserve Bank along with other designers. Your design will be printed on polymer, be consistent with other banknotes and must contain appropriate security features.
You will need to:
Choose two significant Australian ‘heroes’ that you think deserve to go on the front and back of the new $200 note.
- Using a Word document write a justification (explaining why) you have chosen these Australians. This research can be completed over the holidays so you can write it up on the first lesson back. This information can also be used in your final presentation.
Have an understanding of polymer technology (links below)
Include security features used on Australian banknotes.
Investigate and collect the images that complement your Aussie Heroes.
- Design the note (in art with Mrs Spiller).
- Using technologies (camera, USB, computer & iPad) digitally enhance your artwork ready for an iBook/Smartboard presentation.
Before you start you will need to:
- Decide which heroes you will research.
- Use the summary sheet to record your findings. This information will be used in both your written justification and your oral presentation.
- Below are a few samples of the works presented.